Aug 13th, 2013
Aug 5th, 2013
Jul 22nd, 2013
ANGLED LUNGE: Start in a high lunge, making sure your back leg is straight and your front knee is bent at 90 degrees, with your knee directly over your ankle - not in front, not behind, not left, not right. Inhale here. Exhale and lean forward to 45 degrees. Keep your arms alongside your ears, elbows straight, and look forward and down at an angle keeping the back of your neck long. Pull the hip of your front leg back and make space between the top of the thigh and the hip, engaging the abdomen up towards the spine. Breathe here and work your back muscles, transverse abs, and thigh muscles.
Jul 9th, 2013
WEIGHT LOSS aka FEEL LIGHTER DIET: A lot of people this time of year ask me for a ‘diet’ to help them lose weight, which I prefer to refer to as feeling lighter. Diets are not my, or I.AM.YOU.’s thing, but eating to make your body feel, look and run more efficiently are. Here is what I suggest to follow for 1-3 days when you feel like you are treading heavier than you would like:
- Breakfast: Real Egg Whites with Spinach or Solo. Black coffee or tea. No sugar/milk.
- Snack: Handful of almonds.
- Lunch: Spinach and/or Romaine Salad with string beans, broccoli, red onion, bell pepper, tomato dressed with olive oil and lemon or vinegar.
- Snack: Half an avocado, optionally salted.
- Dinner: Tomato soup and a side of cooked broccoli or spinach.
- Water: Flat, room temperature throughout the day.
You should feel better within 24 hours! Let us know how it goes!
Jun 23rd, 2013